Saturday, November 1, 2008

Chapter 3: Roaming Around In The City Of History

As planned, I decided to have a simple trip to the city of history, again. This time, it's only me, my dear Deer and my little Blackie roaming around this story-ful city.

The road to the city was very merrying, as we was accompanied with the African music, named African Playground by Putumayo, collected two years ago which i was planning to play it on the travel to Redang, which subsequently unsuccessful. Now, the music had played its role, which I am very proud of it. ^^

There are several destinations planned on this trip: Dataran Pahlawan, which there is Games, Animations and Mangas Exibition, i.e. GAMEX organized there for three days; The Stadhuys, which I had been thinking to go there to have a look inside; the Melaka River Cruise, which was failed to have a seat on it; and the Jonker Walk, which i planned to have some more photos there.

But, things always change (isn't it?). I successfully went to the GAMEX and the Stadhuys (disappointed to the GAMEX as no REAL GAMES are exibited, and happy + sad to the Stadhuys as the content of it is satisfying and my little Blackie had faint). For the other two, the cruise could be very boring if by one person and the day is still early for the Jonker Walk to start. So, I unable to fulfill all the objectives planned. -.-

Anyway, I still manage to get into some unexpected places with some fun in it. First, I get into a museum without pay when I finished a visit to the Islamic exibition near the A' Famosa. I sneaked up to the building as there was nobody looking after the counter. I never knew that there is such a museum up in the building we always see around the A' Famosa (I forgot the building's name. It's all white with its brick wall exposed at the back). So when I found it, I really amaze about it and the view from up there is very nice.

Second, I found out there is an old residence which open for everyone to have a peak inside how the old Melaka Residence looks like. It really open up my mind on how can a building built. Whoever never know how an old, traditional Melaka Residence looks like inside it, I highly suggest this one (as the same, I forgot the name).

I think that's all for the good things I found in this trip. Now, the bad thing I got during this nice trip. When I had finished a visit to the Malaysia Democratic Museum (a nice building with wrong function in it), I planned to walk to the St. Paul Church from another white museum near there (forgot what museum it is). When I nearly reach to the museum, someone called me at the back. To show how polite I am, I returned back to where he is and what I got from this "bra-der" is his intimidation which only suitable for small children: You cannot got there. Later the policeman would catch you. Am I look like a children? When you tell the other "Centaur" you were so polite. When talk to me? Like I am a Paleolithician and just scold you "Gao-Gao" la? Spoiled my trip.

Anyway, again, the overall of this trip is still very satisfying, although my little Blackie faint on the half way, which makes me unable to take more photo for the Stadhuys and the evening condition od the GAMEX. To make more fun on the coming trip, I planned to go to Ayer Keroh by the coming Saturday, with a little more detailed. Feel free to look forward to it.

Subsequently, again, I recorded my trip through GPS and now I would like to show its power, again, here. Take a look at it.

-----xxxxx-----


View Larger Map

-----xxxxx-----

... and some photos (my flickr account has full. Not sure the coming photos still able to be shown there or not.)

2 comments:

phantom said...

噢噢噢 第一次来你的blog
竟然用英文写 好强噢
不要轻易放下你的梦想!!
加油!!

Ah Bear said...

谢谢~!